This section provides more information about the process of verifying currency media, which takes place after the user has entered currency counts on Z-Out reports.
Non-currency media are things like:
- Credit card receipts
- Debit card receipts
- Gift card receipts
- Gift certificates
- Store credit
In each of these cases, the retailer wants to make sure the physical copy makes it to headquarters. If charges are contested, these signed receipts become important.
- The left side shows currency types and the number of receipts for each type. Select a currency type (e.g. Credit Card)
- For each record in the list, select the Matched checkbox if the record is present. Leave the Matched checkbox clear if the record is missing.
- Repeat Steps 1-2 for the other currency types (e.g. Debit Card, Gift Card, etc.)
- Select Next when finished and proceed to reconciling the drawer.
Adding New Non-Currency Types
Sometimes, a signed receipt or other currency type is found that does not belong to the current Z-Out's date/time range. For example, a user might find a signed credit card receipt that was caught under the till in the drawer. You can add such receipts into the current report.
- On the Non Currency Media screen, select Add New.
- Enter information about the non-currency item. (Note: The information you enter will vary by tender type - credit card receipt, check, gift certificate, etc.). Enter notes that describe the location or circumstances in which the media was found
- Touch or click the Save button.
- Select Next to continue the report.
Fields on the Non Currency Matching Screen
|Matched||Select the Matched checkbox if the record has been paired and counted with a physical receipt. Leave the Matched checkbox clear if the physical receipt or copy was not found.|
|Added||If selected, indicates the record was added using the Add Non Currency dialog.|
|Amount||Amount of the tender.|
|Receipt Date||Date/Time the receipt was created.|
|Notes||Optional notes entered when adding the signed receipt (e.g. explaining the place and circumstances it was found).|
|Reversal||If selected, indicates the document is a reversal of another document.|
|Card Name||The name of the card (VISA, MASTER, etc.) used on the document.|
Print Non-Currency Tenders
In Prism Preferences & Settings > Reports > X/Z-Out, you can select which non-currency tenders will be printed on Z-Out reports. By clearing unused tenders, retailers can prevent the individual transaction from printing on the report.