When you are ready to receive items into inventory, create a new voucher that lists the items and quantities.
- Touch or click the Retail Pro button in the lower-right corner and select Store Operations.
- Click the Receiving button. Click the New Voucher button.
- If referencing a PO, enter the Reference PO No and then press the Enter key.
- Click the PO Items button. The PO Items dialog is displayed.
- To bring all items/quantities on the PO to the voucher, tap/click the All Due button. (To only bring some items/quantities, click the check mark for the item and then tap or click the Item Due button.)
- Click the Voucher Details button.
- Select the General tab and enter Freight, Fees, or Discounts in the appropriate fields.
- When finished, tap or click the Print/Update (or Update Only) button.
Each voucher has a Vendor Code. If referencing a PO, the Vendor Code from the PO is automatically entered on the voucher. If not referencing a PO, the Vendor Code is auto-populated with the vendor of the first item you list on the voucher. You can also select a Vendor Code from the drop-down. If the preference "Restrict to one Vendor per PO/Voucher" is selected, then all the items must have the same Vendor Code.
Listing Items on a Voucher
The easiest way to list items on a voucher is by referencing a PO and bringing the PO items to the voucher. Alternatively, you can type or scan an item's UPC to list it on the voucher. Alternatively, you can use the Advanced Item Lookup button to search inventory. When searching inventory, you can filter the inventory list for only items belonging to the vendor entered on the voucher.
- Tap or click the Adv Lookup button.
- Select the Vendor field from the dropdown.
- Enter the name of the vendor.
- Tap or click the Search button.
- Select the check mark for each item that you want to add to the voucher and enter a Doc Qty. Users with the necessary permissions can edit the Doc Cost and Doc Price.
- Tap or click the Add Selected button.
Remove an Item
In the item list grid, select the check mark for the voucher item and then tap or click the Remove Item button.
Listing the Same Item on a Voucher Multiple Times with Different Cost, Price Qty, etc.
It is possible to list the same item multiple times on a voucher, with a different cost, price and quantity for each.
By default, new vouchers are Regular (receiving) Vouchers. Users with the required Vouchers - Return Voucher security permission can change the voucher type to create a return voucher.
By default, the current logged-in user is entered as the Associate. Users with the required Vouchers - Change Associate security permission can select a different Associate from the dropdown.
At the top of the voucher are the following date fields that track key events in the voucher lifespan.
- Created Date The date the voucher was originally created.
- Last Edit Date The date of the most recent edits to the voucher.
- Arrival Date The date the ordered merchandise is expected at the store.
- Post Date Date/Time the Voucher affected inventory. Note: When the voucher is created, the current system date/time is entered as Post Date. When the voucher is updated, the Post Date is updated.
The Store field is automatically set to the store assigned to the current logged-in user and cannot be changed.
Voucher Details (Freight, Fees, Discounts, Payment Terms, Comments)
Click the Voucher Details button to display a dialog for entering:
- Payment Terms
- Account #
You can enter a freight amount for the voucher. The freight amount is added to the voucher subtotal. The value you enter here can be spread across the voucher items when spreading cost.
You can enter a fee for the voucher. The Fee amount is added to the voucher subtotal. Select a Fee Type from the drop-down and then type the amount of the fee. The list of Fee Types is the list defined in Retail Pro 9 System Preferences > Local Preferences > Purchasing > General: Fees. The value you enter here can be spread across the voucher items when spreading cost.
You can enter a discount for the voucher. Tap/click the Percent or Amount tab and then type the desired discount value. The value you enter here can be spread across the voucher items when spreading cost.
You can edit the Tax Percent or Tax Amount, if necessary. The values entered here can be spread across the voucher items when spreading cost.
- Included Tax Amount: This is the tax amount for those items on the referenced PO that have been entered on the voucher.
- Excluded Tax Amount: If any items on the referenced PO have not yet been entered on the voucher, the tax amount for those items (if any) will be shown here.