Working with Transfer Orders
Transfer orders (TOs) are planning documents that do not update inventory quantities. Inventory quantities are updated when you transfer merchandise by making one or more out slips that reference the TO. A TO can plan the transfer of merchandise from one source store to multiple destination stores. Several out slips can reference that same TO, each one recording transfers to a different destination store. The fill status of the TO is automatically updated each time an out slip is made referencing the TO. TOs can be created manually, or generated from POs and vouchers.
Basic Steps for using Transfer Orders
- Assign permissions related to transfer orders to individual employee groups as needed.
- Set the document ordering sequence for transfer orders. You can set the numbering sequence at the subsidiary, store, or workstation level.
- Create a new transfer order. When creating a new TO, specify the store(s) to which the item(s) will be shipped and enter the transfer quantity. Refer to the New Transfer Order section for more information. Modify TO Details, if necessary.
- Generate slips from the TO. Alternatively, you can create individual slips manually and reference the TO on each slip. When you update a slip that references a TO, the TO's fill status is automatically updated.
Transfer Order Permissions
You can control employee access to specific transfer-order related features using the following permissions:
|Transfer Order - Access||Allow group members to access the Transfer Orders area.|
|Transfer Order - Activate/Deactivate||Allow group members to deactivate and reactivate transfer orders.|
|Transfer Order - Create/Copy||Allow group members to create a new transfer order using the New button or Copy button.|
|Transfer Order - Edit||Allow group members to edit a transfer orders.|
Transfer Order Number
Transfer Order numbers can be alphanumeric. D
ocument numbering sequences can be set at the Subsidiary, Store or Workstation level. You will need to edit the Subsidiary, Store or Workstation record to set the beginning number for the sequence. When a user creates a new TO, the next sequential number will be assigned.
New Transfer Order
The steps below explain how to create a new transfer order manually. You can also generate a transfer order from a Marked For PO.
Select Store Operations from the Prism Menu.
Click the Transfers button. Click New Transfer Order.
List the items being transferred. Enter the quantity being transferred in the Doc Qty field. In the Item Allocation grid, enter the quantities of the item being sent to each store. Select the TO Detail button to change the Tax Area and/or add notes to the TO.
Select an item and then click the Item Details button to modify the information for any individual item. Click Save when finished.
Sample transfer order:
Listing TO Items
If you generated a TO from a Marked For PO, the TO will have the items and quantities listed on the PO. If creating a TO manually, scan or type the item's UPC in the Lookup field and press the Enter key. If you select the Popup Entry checkbox, then you scan or type an item identifier, a popup enables you to enter the desired document quantity for the item (default = 1). Enter the quantity and click Continue. Repeat for each item as needed.
Referencing a Purchase Order
Referencing a Purchase Order is an easy way to list the items on a TO. When referencing a PO, the PO items and quantities are brought to the TO. If you know the PO #, enter it directly. If you don't know the PO #, click the PO Lookup button to do a search.
Allocate TO Items
If the transfer will send merchandise to multiple stores, allocate the TO items among the destination stores. Assign a specific quantity of each item to each of the destination stores. If the TO is generated from a PO, allocations assigned when the PO was created can be carried to the TO. The sum of item assignments to all destination stores should equal the TO Qty of the item; however, because TOs are only planning documents, the two numbers are not required to match. You can allocate more or less than the quantity listed on the TO. When slips are created from a TO, only the assigned items and quantities are transferred.
The Items Allocation grid, at the bottom of the TO screen, enables retailers to enter an allocation quantity for each store for each item. The grid displays how the items have been assigned to each store. This grid helps to identify any quantities that have not been assigned, and reports the TO fill status by store and for the entire TO.
Remove Allocation for a Store
To remove the allocation for a store, type a zero in the grid cell.
Click the TO Detail button to access a screen for changing the tax area or adding notes. By default, the Tax Area is set to the tax area assigned to the store where the TO is created.
TO Item Detail
To view details for an item on the TO, select an item in the item list and then click the Item Detail button.
The top part of the screen shows the item's description information. The bottom part of the screen shows the item's allocation among stores. You can edit the item quantity that will be transferred in Item Details (in addition to the allocation grid on the TO main screen).
TO Unfilled %
The Unfilled % displays the percentage of units on the TO that have yet to be transferred on slips. As out slips referencing a TO are made and recorded, the TO's fill status is automatically updated. The current Unfilled % of individual items, by store, and for the entire TO can be viewed on the TO form at the top of the screen.
- Total Assigned The total units listed on the TO.
- Total Due The total units remaining to be transferred on slips.
- Quantity Sent The total units already transferred on slips.
- Unfilled % The percentage of units remaining to be sent.
Generate Slip from TO
Transfer orders are planning documents. When the items are ready to be shipped, you can generate a transfer slip from the TO. The transfer slip, when updated, will update inventory quantity at the source store. At the target store, quantities are updated when the transfer voucher is updated. If generating slips from a multi-store Marked For PO, a slip will be generated for each store with quantities assigned on the PO. The generated slip has only the items and quantities assigned to the store on the PO. When generating slips from a TO, slips will only be generated for the Subsidiaries and Stores that the user selects. (Note: If you don't generate slips from the TO, you can still reference a TO when creating a new slip by entering the TO # on the slip).
- If generating slips from a new TO, first save the TO. If generating slips from an existing TO, use Transfer Order Lookup to find and display the TO.
- Click the Options button and select Generate Slips.
A confirmation modal where you have the option to print the slips is displayed.
You can print slips or click Close to close the modal.
When we go into Transfer Slip Lookup and search for the slip, we can see that transfer Slip No. 9 references TO no. 6.
Associate on Transfer Orders
By default, the current logged-in user is entered as the Associate on a TO. You can select a different Associate, if necessary.
Edit Transfer Order
Transfer orders are planning documents. You can edit a TO as needed before or after quantities have been received. Keep in mind that if you add or remove item quantities, it will affect the Fill Status of the TO.
Use Transfer Order Lookup to find and display the desired TO and then click the Edit button.
Transfer Order Details
Click the TO Detail button to display a screen for editing Tax Area and adding notes. By default, the tax area assigned to the current user's store is selected. If necessary, you can select a different store. The Use VAT checkbox is for locales where special VAT Margin rates apply. You can add Notes to provide additional information about the transfer.
Transfer Order Lookup
Use Transfer Order Lookup to find a previously saved order. Once you find the TO, you can edit the document, or generate slips.
- Select Store Operations > Transfers from the Prism menu.
- Click the Transfer Orders Lookup button.
- Enter search criteria. You can enter a date range, a specific TO#, or select an Associate. By default, only Active documents are included in the search. You can select to include Held documents, or search for inactive documents, if needed.
- Click the Search button. A list of matching documents is displayed. Click the check mark for the desired transfer order.
- Click the View button.
Dates on TOs
You can view the following key dates for a transfer order:
- Created Date: The date the transfer order was created (saved).
- Active Date: The date the TO is to become active. This field enables you to create a PO ahead of time but prevent the generating of slips until the Active Date.
- Last Edit Date: The date the TO was last changed.