Promotions - Quantity
A Quantity Promotion applies a discount amount, percentage, or specific price when the specified quantity of the item is purchased. When the items are placed on the transaction and the required quantity is met, the items are discounted. The items discounted will be limited to the quantity specified for the promotion. Quantities in excess will not be discounted unless the quantity required is reached again. When using Quantity Promotion type, users can enter a specific Item Qty. If an item on the transaction meets the entered quantity, the promotion is validated.
On the Validation Rules screen, create an Item Filter that specifies the items that, when listed at the specified quantity, will validate the promotion. You must enter the Item Quantity that must be listed for the promotion to validate.
- Click the Coupon checkbox to define a list of coupon codes. If a customer presents one of the coupon codes at POS, the rule is validated.
- Click the Customer checkbox to define a customer filter. If a Bill To customer that matches the entered criteria is entered on the transaction, the rule is validated.
On the Reward Rules screen, specify the discount amount, percentage or specific price that will be applied when the item quantity specified on the Validation Rules screen is purchased.
Example: Apply a 50% discount when a user buys 3 or more shirts.
- Navigate to the Promotions area and tap or click the New button.
- Enter General Details. Select Quantity as the Promotion Type.
- Enter Activation Details.
- On the Validation Details tab, select the Item Filter button and define a filter for the items to include in the promotion. Enter the Item Qty that will be required for purchase.
- On the Reward Details tab, enter the discount that will be applied when the selected item quantities are entered on the transaction.
- Click the Save button. Activate the promotion if not already activated.