Be sure to plan the document numbering sequences you want to use. Setting up document numbering sequences is a two-step process: First, set the desired sequence level (Subsidiary, Store, or Workstation) in Preferences & Settings > Sequences. Based on the selected level, go into each Subsidiary, Store, or Workstation record and define the starting sequence number for each document type that will be used. (Note: If you forget to define a numbering sequence for a document type, when you create a new document, you may receive an error that the current document cannot be saved because the number is a duplicate of existing document.)
Setting up document numbering sequences is a two-step process:
- Set the desired sequence level: Subsidiary, Store, or Workstation. Set this in Preferences & Settings > Node Preferences > Sequences.
- Based on the selected level, go into each Subsidiary, Store, or Workstation record and define the starting sequence number for each document type used by your business.
Set the Sequence Level
- In the Admin Console, select Preferences & Settings > Sequencing.
- Select the desired sequence level for each document type.
- Save the changes.
Set the Starting Sequence Number
- Navigate to the desired Subsidiary, Store, or Workstation record. Click the pencil icon.
- Click the Sequences tab. Enter the desired starting sequence number for each document type that your business uses.
- Save the changes.
Sequences Defined in Prism
Sale No, Return No, Customer ID No, Send Sale No, EFT Invoice No, Disbursement No, Purchase Order No, Next Voucher No, ASN No, Transfer No, Z-Out No, Order No, Adjustment Memo No, UPC, ALU, Transfer Order No
Single Sequence for all Orders, Single Sequence for all Sales
You have the option of using a single sequence for all orders (customer, special, layaway), and sales (sales, returns)
Avoid Duplicate Sequence Numbers in RP Prism, RIL
If you will be creating documents in BOTH RP Prism and Retail Pro Integration Layer (RIL), be sure to set up separate document numbering sequences for each system. For example, if you use the default document numbering sequences for a document type for both RIL and Prism, and then create POs and Vouchers in each system, you will get "Duplicate Document Number" error messages.
Maximum Sequence Number Length
1) TO = 8
2) PO = 20
3) Voucher = 10
4) ASN = 10
5) Adjustment = 10
6) Sale No = 10
7) Return No = 10
8) Sales Order No = 10
9) Send Sale No = 10
10) EFT Invoice No = 10
11) Disbursement No = 10
12) Z-Out No = 19
13) UPC = 18