Listing Items on Transactions
There are two ways to list items on RP Prism transactions:
- Scan the item's barcode to list the item immediately on the transaction
- Use Advanced Item Lookup to search inventory for the item
Items are listed with a default quantity of one. Use the Quantity button to adjust the quantity as needed. Make sure each scanned item has been entered on the transaction before scanning the next item. Global UPCs cannot be used to lookup items on transactions. To lookup items by UPC in RP Prism, you must use Local UPCs and have a Local UPC entered for each item in RIL.
The maximum number of items on a single document is 5000.
Scan an Item
1. With the cursor in the Lookup field in the item grid, scan the item's bar code or type the UPC, ALU, or Item Description. The item is listed on the receipt with the default quantity of one (1). Repeat for each item being purchased.
Remove an Item
1. On a transaction in progress, select the item to be removed and then click or press the Remove Item button.
Advanced Item Lookup
You can use the Advanced Item Lookup feature to search inventory. Click the magnifying glass icon to open the Advanced Item Lookup search screen.
Select search elements and enter search criteria. Click the Search button.
When you find the item(s) you want to list on the transaction, enter a Doc Qty for each. Click Close. The items and quantities are brought to the transaction.
Non-Supported Item Types
When adding items to RIL Inventory, users can assign an "Item Type." Currently, "Gift Card Stored Value," "Gift Card Pre-Paid" and "Gift Certificate" item types are not supported in RP Prism.
Void Tenders before Removing Item
If you have taken tenders, you must first void the tenders before removing an item.
Changing Item Quantity
1. Select the item in the item list, it is not selected already and then click the Quantity button.
2. Enter the desired quantity in the text box.
3. Click the check mark icon (or press Enter).
Decimal Quantity Items
When a user lists a decimal-quantity item on a document, a prompt will be displayed so the user can enter the desired decimal quantity for the document. The number of decimals available is based on the value of the Qty Decimals field in the item record in Prism Inventory. The default quantity is 1. The prompt will display the number of decimal places configured in preferences (Preferences & Settings > Regional Settings). Enter the desired quantity in the dialog. Note: The Enter Quantity dialog is only displayed for decimal quantity items.
Decimal Quantities: RP Prism vs. RIL
The Qty Decimals dropdown field in RIL Inventory and Prism Inventory enables you to select the number of quantity decimals to use for the item. For example, if quantity decimals are allowed, and this field is defined as 1, the quantity could be 3.7; if it is defined as 2, the quantity could be 3.74; and so on. This preference is especially useful for retailers who have plugins that need to suppress the display of prompts like the decimal quantity prompt.
To use decimal quantities in RIL, users must enable the feature in Preferences (Local Preferences > System > General: Use Qty Decimals) and set the desired number of decimals for the item in the item record Qty Decimals field (RIL Inventory. You can edit the Qty Decimals field of items in Prism.
A preference enables retailers to control whether or not a prompt is displayed when a user lists a decimal quantity item on a transaction. The new preference is located in Preferences & Settings > Transactions > General.
- If selected, when a user lists a decimal quantity item on a transaction, a prompt will be displayed to enter a decimal quantity. The user must enter the desired quantity.
- If not selected, no prompt is displayed when a user lists a decimal quantity item on a transaction. The quantity defaults to "1".
This gives retailers the ability to bypass the prompt, if desired.