If preferences are configured to require a minimum deposit, then a deposit must be taken when the order is created. (Note: There are differences in how deposit taken amounts for RP Prism documents are handled on X/Z-Out reports in RIL Prism Management vs. X/Z-Out reports in RP Prism)
The minimum deposit amount is automatically calculated and reflected in the amount due for the transaction. When the user clicks the Tender Transaction button, the Order Deposit dialog is displayed. The user can adjust the deposit amount; however, the amount must remain above the minimum percentage specified in preferences.
Order Deposit dialog:
Take Additional Deposits
- Use Transaction Lookup to find and display the transaction that has the order item(s).
- Touch or click the Order Details button.
- Select Take Deposit.
- Enter a Deposit Amount or percentage. The Minimum Deposit, if any, is displayed. Use the Minimum Deposit or Balance button to enter the minimum or remaining amount due.
- Select OK to return to the transaction.
- Complete the transaction and tender.
RP Prism users can view the deposit history for orders. Go into Order Details. The Deposit History button is enabled whenever one or more linking deposit transactions exists for the order.
1. Use Transaction Lookup to find and display the order document.
2. Tap or click the Order Details button.
3. Tap or click the Deposit History button.
4. Deposits taken against the order are displayed. Click Close to close the dialog. To view a transaction, select the checkmark (left column) and then click the Go To Transaction button.
Return Deposits by Closing the Order
If a customer wants a refund of a deposit, you must close the order. When you close an order, the entire deposit amount is returned to the customer.
Entering Negative Deposit when Closing Order
Beginning with Prism 2.1.2, associates can enter a negative deposit amount (e.g., to refund a deposit when closing an order). Previously, only positive non-zero amounts were allowed. Entering a negative deposit amount enables the Associate to easily refund a deposit in the original tender. For example, if a user made a $5.00 deposit but later wants to close the order, the user can click Order Details > Take Deposit and then enter -5.00 (negative five dollars) as the Deposit Amount. Previously, users had to close the order, accept the deposit refund as store credit, then make a second transaction to take the store credit and give the amount back in the form of the original tender.
Using Deposit when Fulfilling Order
When fulfilling an order, if there is a deposit amount associated with the order, the user is prompted to use the deposit as payment. Click Yes to use the available deposit amount or No to use a different tender.