Start/Exit RP Prism
Employee usernames and passwords are copied to the Prism server during initialization. To launch RP Prism, you must enter a valid username/password. The user must be assigned to an employee group. Use the Prism Proxy shortcut to log in. Windows 10 users must use the right-click "Run as Administrator" option launch Prism.
- Double-click the Proxy icon for your device. Note: Windows 10 users, use the right-click "Run as Administrator" option. A web browser will launch and display the Prism login screen.
- Enter your username and password and touch or click the Login button. Prism loads and launches. Default username = sysadmin; Default password = sysadmin
- By default, the main menu of the POS module is displayed. Select New Transaction to start a new transaction.
- To navigate to a different area, touch or click the Retail Pro button and then select the desired area from the Prism Menu.
1. Touch or click the Retail Pro button.
2. Select the Logout option from the Prism menu.
The server to which you are connecting is displayed in the lower-left corner of the login dialog.
Auto Logout, Force Logout Preferences
RP Prism includes two preferences that can be used to automatically log out employees:
|Automatically Lock Workstation||Employees > General
If selected, workstations for the store will be locked after the specified number of minutes without activity. By default, the lockout period is set to 15, meaning that if there is no activity on a workstation for 15 minutes, the workstation will be locked. When the lockout time is reached, a prompt is displayed in the Retail Pro screen. To unlock the workstation, a user must log in with a valid Retail Pro username/password combination.
You must refresh (reload) your browser for the change to take effect. If the same user logs in to the prompt, the user will be in the same location as when the lockout took effect. If a different user logs in, the user will be returned to the RP Prism Point of Sale home screen.
Transactions > General
Next Topic: Security Overview