Chapter 3. Transactions
This section has overview information about transactions in Prism.
Key features of Prism transactions
- Transactions in Prism can include a mixture of sale, order and return items.
- Prism supports "send sale" transactions, in which a customer pays for merchandise at one location and picks up the item at a different location.
- Transactions can include a Bill To and Ship To customer, or no customer. You can configure Prism preferences to require a customer in certain situations (e.g. for Returns, Sales, and/or Manual Discounts
- Associates can view/edit customer information or add a new customer at POS
- All popular forms of payment (e.g. cash, check, credit, debit card, store credit) can be used; only those tenders enabled in preferences and/or enabled for the customer will be available
- Transactions can include discounts, fees and/or shipping charges
- Integrates with Prism Promotions to automatically apply promotions (or apply manually if desired)
- Enforces the POS permissions assigned to the logged-in employee
- Enforces limits to discounts based on the employee's assigned Max Discount Percentage
- Users can view/change item- and transaction-level information via Item Details and Transaction Details
- Serial and lot number support
- Integrates with Centrals feature for processing of central gift cards and central store credit
- In VAT environments, transactions can handle complex tax situations like rebates and detax customers