Promotion - General Details
The first step in creating a new promotion is to define General Details. The General Details include basic information such as:
The Discount Reason field must be typed by the user (the field is a text box; not a drop-down menu). The Discount Reason is limited to six characters (for backward compatibility with previous versions of Retail Pro).
- When you start a new promotion, the General Details tab is selected by default. Select the tab, if not selected already.
- Enter a user-friendly name for the promotion.
- (Optional) Enter a Description. This field can be used to provide a long description of the goals/aims of the promotion.
- (Optional) If the promotion is part of a Promotion Group, type the group identifier.
- (Required) Type a Discount Reason. Maximum length is six characters.
- Select a Promotion Type. See the Promotion Types section of this document for more information.
- When you are finished with the General Details, tap or click the Next button to proceed to Activation Details.
When creating a promotion, users have the option of entering a Promotion Group. This feature is especially useful when there are a large number of promotions to manage and logical groupings can be made. To group promotions, assign each promotion in the group the same Group name. When selecting a promotion to apply at POS, the user can select the desired Promotion Group to filter the list of promotions. When filtering by Promotion Group, the Priority may be altered. When changing priorities while filtered, the entire set of priorities is maintained. Even though promotions may not be visible at the moment (filtered from view), standard shifting of priority assignment will still occur for all active promotions.