- through the software applications made available by us for use on or through computers and mobile devices (collectively, the "Software")
- through your communications with us or through other offline activities and interactions (e.g., customer service inquiries and engagements, user conferences, etc.)
Collectively, we refer to the Websites, the Software, and our Social Media Pages, as the "Online Services" and, together with offline channels, the "Services."
Collection of Your Information
How We Use Personal Information
How We Share Personal Information
Access, Change and Control of Personal Information
Legal Basis for Collecting and Using Personal Information
Security and Retention of Personal Information
Contacting Retail Pro International, LLC.
Further Questions and How to Make a Complaint About Personal Information
1. Collection of Your Information
Providing Personal Information on our Websites
As a visitor to RPI’s Website(s), you are free to explore any authorized Websites without providing any Personal Information about yourself. If you request more information about the Services, request a demonstration of the Software, register as a user on the Websites, or register for a webinar sponsored by RPI, we may request that you provide Personal Information about yourself as outlined within the section below, "Personal Information Collected Directly from You".
Personal Information Collected Directly from You
RPI may collect, store and process Personal Information directly from you. Certain information that you voluntarily provide to RPI as a course of general business or visitation to the Websites may include Personal Information. Collection of this information will include:
- when you contact us (by email, phone, mail or in person);
- when you become a designated contact and/or an authorized user on one of our Websites and/or when you express an interest in our products and services;
- when you request marketing material, support materials or download our content;
- when you subscribe to our newsletter;
- when you sign up for a product demo, webinar or an RPI sponsored event;
- when you register to obtain access to service offerings, support and training from RPI;
- when you participate in a conversation with our Sales, Account Management and/or Customer Service teams;
- when you purchase products and/or services directly from RPI, one of its authorized resellers or strategic partners.
Automatic Collection of Information
In addition to the information above, we may use other industry standard technologies like tracking pixels to track your use of our Website pages. Tracking pixels are tiny graphic images placed on certain pages on our Websites, or in our emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed a specific action. When you access these pages or open or click an email, the tracking pixels generate a non-personally identifiable notice of that action. Tracking pixels allow us to measure and improve our understanding of visitor traffic and behavior on our Websites, as well as give us a way to measure our promotions and performance.
Automatic collection may also include payment information where such information can directly or indirectly identify an individual. Payment information includes information we collect and process for the purposes of payment via third party PCI-compliant service providers, for RPI products, RPI services and/or RPI event attendance.
Collection of Anonymous Information
When you use our Online Services or receive/view email from RPI, we automatically collect anonymous information from your computer and browser sessions as described below.
Anonymous Information Collected by Our Servers
To make our Websites and Services more useful to you, our servers collect information from you including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol ("IP") address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
Anonymous Information from Cookies
Combining Anonymous and Personal Information
Retail Pro® Software Collection of Data
As a software developer, RPI provides software applications for retail management use under the control of customer. The Software is provided as an installable desktop application, as well as a downloadable mobile application for use on mobile hardware. The Software does not collect, or record, or transmit Personal Information. Anonymous hardware details, used for the purpose of licensing a system which has the Software installed, will be sent to Retail Pro International, LLC.; however, this information does not contain any Personal Information.
On occasion, RPI may provide customer service to the customer as requested by and consented to by the customer, and there may be instances where backups of the Software data will need to be sent to RPI for the purpose of troubleshooting and performing root-cause analysis of a customer’s issue when using the Software (a "Service Incident"). In this case, the backup data will only be used and maintained for the sole purpose of resolving the Service Incident and will be destroyed after the Service Incident has been addressed to the customer’s satisfaction. We do not link this Service Incident data to Personal Information.
Personal Information Received from Third Parties
2. How We Use Personal Information
- improving your browsing experience by personalizing the Websites;
- promoting use of our Services to you and sharing promotional and informational content for the Services with you in accordance with your communication preferences;
- providing service and support to you for the Services;
- accounting for the Services;
- verification of your identity and the Personal Information provided by you;
- carrying out our obligations and enforcing our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and RPI;
- improving your experiences with the Services offered by RPI;
- communicating with you to complete surveys that we use for marketing or quality assurance purposes;
- sending you promotional information related to the Services;
- combating fraud, crime and as otherwise required or permitted by law;
Other Uses of Personal Information
RPI will also collect, process, use and retain Personal Information for the following additional business reasons:
- to deal with any inquiries you have about how we collect, process, use and store Personal Information;
- requests made by you for a copy of Personal Information that we hold;
- for internal corporate reporting and business administration purposes;
- to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; and
- to comply with any procedures, laws and/or regulations which apply to RPI.
Customer Testimonials and Comments
We post customer testimonials, quotes and comments on our Websites which may contain Personal Information. We obtain each customer's consent via email prior to posting the customer's name and testimonial.
Social Media Features
Personal Information on Message Boards, Blogs, and Community Forums
We offer login-controlled access to message boards, blogs, and community forums. Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose any information through message boards, blogs, or forums, this information may be collected and used by others. We will correct or delete any information you have posted on the Websites if you so request, as described in "How You Access, Change and Control Personal Information" below.
How does Retail Pro International Use Credit Card Information?
If you provide RPI credit card information, it is solely used to collect payment for Services or engagements which you have agreed to purchase. RPI uses a PCI-DSS compliant, third-party service provider to manage credit card processing. This service provider is not permitted to store, retain, or use information you provide except for the sole purpose of credit card processing on behalf of RPI.
We Never Sell Personal Information
The Personal Information provided by you or collected as the course of automatic collection processes within the Services is collected, processed, used and stored solely for the purposes of business activity associated with the Services. RPI will never sell Personal Information to any third party.
3. How We Share Personal Information
Sharing Personal Information Across Country Borders
In all instances, we have taken appropriate safeguards to ensure that Personal Information will remain protected. We have taken steps to ensure that transfers of Personal Information are in accordance with applicable law and make use of standard contractual data protection clauses, which have been approved by the European Commission, and we rely on the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework to safeguard the transfer of information we collect from the European Economic Area and Switzerland. In this course, RPI may disclose Personal Information:
- to our authorized resellers, strategic partners and global and regional offices;
- to comply with the law or in response to a subpoena, court order, law enforcement or government request, or other legal process;
- to produce relevant documents or information in connection with litigation, arbitration, mediation, adjudication, government or internal investigations, or other legal or administrative proceedings;
- in connection with any proposed or actual sale or other transfer of some or all assets of RPI, and/or any proposed or actual sale or merger of RPI or any division of RPI;
- to enforce the terms of any agreement with RPI;
- as otherwise required or permitted by law; and/or
- with your consent.
4. Access, Change and Control of Personal Information
What Information Can I Access and What Can I Delete?
You can access Personal Information on the Websites and correct, amend, or delete information in your registration profile. To do this, you may login to your account on the Website and edit your profile or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help you resolve anything you wish to change for your profile. It is important to note that certain administrative data cannot be removed.
How Do I Unsubscribe from RPI’s Communications?
You may unsubscribe from RPI’s marketing, sales and technical communications by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link located on the bottom of our e-mails, updating your communication preferences at My.RetailPro.com, or by sending us a request using the details in section in section "Contacting Retail Pro International, LLC.", below.
Communications from RPI that are sent in the course of transactional matters as they relate to your account and contractual relationship with RPI cannot be opted out of or unsubscribed from unless your account is closed.
How do I Unsubscribe from RPI’s Authorized Partner’s Communications?
RPI’s Authorized Partners are solely responsible for managing their own communications platforms. RPI cannot facilitate unsubscribing you from their communications. To unsubscribe from RPI’s authorized partner’s communication platforms please contact them directly.
Your Right to Personal Information
You have certain rights in relation to Personal Information. If you would like further information in relation to these or would like to exercise any of them, please contact us via email at email@example.com at any time. You have the following rights:
You have a right of access to any Personal Information RPI maintains. You can ask us for a copy of Personal Information; confirmation as to whether Personal Information is being used by us; details about how and why it is being used; and details of the safeguards which are in place if we transfer Personal Information outside of the European Economic Area ("EEA"). Further details are noted below in the section "Your Rights Under EU Law"
- You have a right to request an update to any Personal Information which is out of date or incorrect.
- You have a right to ask us to delete any Personal Information which we are holding about you in certain specific circumstances. If you are entitled to deletion of Personal Information, you can make such a request by contacting via the details in section "Contacting Retail Pro International, LLC.", below.
- You have a right to ask us to restrict the way that we process Personal Information in certain specific circumstances. You can ask us for further information on these specific circumstances by contacting us using the details in section in section "Contacting Retail Pro International, LLC.", below.
- You have a right to ask us to provide Personal Information to a third-party provider of services. This right only applies where we use Personal Information on the basis of your consent or performance of a contract; and where our use of Personal Information is carried out by automated means.
- You have a right to ask us to consider any valid objections which you have to our use of Personal Information where we process Personal Information on the basis of our or another person's legitimate interest.
We will consider all such requests and provide our response within a reasonable period (and in any event within one month of your request unless we inform you we are entitled to a longer period under applicable law). Please note, however, that certain Personal Information may be exempt from such requests in certain circumstances. For example: if we need to keep using the information to comply with our own legal obligations or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
If an exception applies, we will tell you this when responding to your request. We may request you provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity before responding to any request you make.
Your Rights Under EU Law
If Personal Information is subject to the protections offered by European Union (EU) law, you may:
- Access, correct, update or request deletion of Personal Information, at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the section "Contact RPI" above;
- Object to processing of Personal Information, ask us to restrict processing of Personal Information or request portability of Personal Information;
- Withdraw your consent at any time if we have collected and process Personal Information with your consent;
- Complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
To exercise any of these rights you should contact RPI in accordance with the contact details set forth below in Section "Contacting Retail Pro International, LLC." below. Please note that if you are not subject to EU law, these rights do not apply to you.
Notice of Privacy Rights to California Resident
California law requires that we provide you with a summary of your privacy rights under the California Online Privacy Protection Act (the "Act") and the California Business and Professions Code. As required by the Act, we will provide you with the categories of Personal Information that we collect through the Services and the categories of third party persons or entities with whom such Personal Information may be shared for direct marketing purposes at your request.
California law requires us to inform you of, at your request, (1) the categories of Personal Information we collect and what third parties we share that information with; (2) the names and addresses of those third parties; and (3) examples of the products marketed by those companies.
To obtain this information, please send a request by email or standard mail to the address found below. When contacting RPI, please indicate your name, address, email address, and what Personal Information you do not want RPI to share with Authorized Partners. The request should be sent to the attention of our legal department and labeled "California Customer Choice." Please allow 30 days for a response.
Standard Mail: Retail Pro International, LLC., Attn: Privacy, 400 Plaza Dr., Suite 200, Folsom, CA 95630, USA
5. Legal basis for processing Personal Information
- our use of Personal Information is necessary to perform our obligations under any contract with you;
- you have provided us with your consent to do so. You can control and withdraw your consent at any time for our Services;
- operate, maintain and improve our Services and our marketing optimization efforts;
- understand the way in which our Services are used; and
- for internal group administrative purposes.
In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect Personal Information from you. If we ask you to provide Personal Information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of Personal Information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide Personal Information). Similarly, if we collect and use Personal Information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
6. Security and Retention of Personal Information
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please immediately notify us in accordance with the "Contacting Retail Pro International, LLC." section, below.
Retention of Personal Information
How long the Personal Information we collect is kept depends on the type of information. We retain Personal Information that you provide to us while we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so and it is needed to comply with our legal obligations or to resolve disputes and enforce our agreement(s) with you. When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process Personal Information, we will securely delete the information or anonymize it. If this is not possible, then we will securely store Personal Information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
If you have consented to receive marketing communications from RPI, we will retain information about your marketing preferences for a reasonable period of time from the date you last expressed interest in the Services. We retain information derived from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period of time from the date such information was created.
7. Contacting Retail Pro International, LLC
Standard Mail: Retail Pro International, LLC., Attn: Privacy, 400 Plaza Dr., Suite 200, Folsom, CA 95630, USA
When contacting RPI as indicated above, we ask that you provide sufficient information to allow us to identify your account and Personal Information within our systems. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns as soon as reasonably possible.
9. Further Questions and How to Make a Complaint About Personal Information
If you have any queries or complaints about our collection, use or storage of Personal Information, or if you wish to exercise any of your rights in relation to Personal Information, please contact us via the means noted in the section "Contacting Retail Pro International, LLC." above. We will timely investigate and attempt to resolve any such complaint or dispute regarding the use or disclosure of Personal Information.
When applicable, in accordance with Article 77 of the General Data Protection Regulation, you may also make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office, or the data protection regulator in the country where you usually live or work, or where an alleged infringement of the General Data Protection Regulation has taken place.