Cannot detect CED during a credit card sale
At point of sale, the CED Device (seeming to be configured correctly) is not detected by Retail Pro Prism.This occurs while attempting to authorize a credit card transaction.
If this occurs you should first check if the following setting are configured correctly within Retail Pro Prism as well as the CED Device itself:
- The CED is configured correctly in the workstation setup (Admin Console).
- The check-box to 'Use Genius Device' is selected in the admin console, for the correct workstation.
- The CED is confirmed to be working correctly.
- The EFT Configuration is correct. (Note: if the bypass CED works, then configuration is typically correct).
- There is only one Proxy installed using port 8081, which is configured as a desktop shortcut.
If all of this is correct, please follow these troubleshooting steps:
1. Check to see if there has been additional Proxy clients installed on the same workstation in the past. (Note: Although there may be only one Proxy shortcut visible on the desktop, it is still possible that other Proxy clients have been installed previously).
2. Review the following registry keys to make sure that there is not more than one Proxy with the same Port.
For example, if you find that you have two entries with proxy keys (Proxies\1 an Proxies\2) as shown below, open each of them and inspect the PORT value.
Port value for Proxy 1:
Port value for Proxy 2:
In the scenario above the installation had two proxies installed originally. One on port 8080 and one on 8081. Later when it was found that the user only needed one proxy, the proxy was re-installed as one proxy on Port 8081. This resulted in Proxy 1 being updated to Port 8081. This introduced a conflict during the call to the CED.
- Remove the extra Proxy entry and restart the Proxy.
- Shutdown the Proxy.
- Delete the second proxy key. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\RetailPro\Prism\Modules\PrismProxy\Proxies\2
- Restart the Proxy.
- Log in and go into the Admin Console and confirm that the proxy settings are set correctly.
- Resume use of the system.