How to Add a Custom Button to Navigate from RP Prism to RP Reporting
Retail Pro Reporting powered by Krunch is the add-on reporting solution for Retail Pro Prism. In daily use, navigating back and forth between the applications can be time consuming. However, through customizations, you can create a button for quick access to RP Reporting.
For this customization to work, both RP Prism Proxy and Krunch should be running.
To begin, copy the ‘…WebClient\views\default\side-buttons-partial.htm' file to the ‘...\WebClient\customizations\views\default' folder.
Redirecting from RP Prism to Krunch can be accomplished in two ways.
1. Open Krunch in a new browser tab
Copy the following code into ‘…customizations \views\default\side-buttons-partial.htm' file just below the ‘Logout' button
<div class="row top-margin">
<a id="krunchBtn" href="http://MyServer.retailpro.com:8090/" target="_blank" class="btn btn-default RPOptionButton leftalign col-xs-12">
2. Open Krunch in the same browser tab
Copy the following code into ‘…customizations \views\default\side-buttons-partial.htm'file just below the ‘Logout' button
<div class="row top-margin">
<a id="krunchBtn" onclick="location.href='http://MyServer.retailpro.com:8090/'" ng-disabled="disableLanguageButton || acPermission" class="btn btn-default RPOptionButton leftalign col-xs-12">
In both cases, replace ‘MyServer' with your RP Prism Server name.
After adding the above code, the RP Prism side menu looks like the below screenshot.
If you chose to open Krunch in the same browser tab, below are few points to keep in mind.
- The button adheres to ‘Administration' and ‘Language' button permissions.
- After you click the button, the RP Prism session will be cleared, and the Krunch Reports login page will be displayed.
To go back to RP Prism from Krunch Reports, do the following.
1. Create a file named index2.html with the following code
<meta name="http-equiv" content="no-cache">
<meta name="cache-control" content="no-cache">
<META HTTP-EQUIV="EXPIRES" CONTENT="Mon, 22 Jul 2013 12:21:00 GMT">
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0; url=http://MyServer.retailpro.com:8080" />
2. Replace ‘MySever' with your RP Prism Server name and change the port number if the proxy is running on something other than 8080. Save the file and copy it to ‘C:\Program Files\Krunch9\ (If Krunch version is 9.x.x)
3. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Krunch9\krunch\js and look for the file ‘nav.min.js.' We recommend making a backup [copy] of this file before making any changes. Open the file in any text editor, search for the word "index," replace it with "index2" and save the file.
4. After following the above 3 steps, every time you log out of Krunch, it will redirect to the RP Prism login page in the same browser tab.
This customization is intended to work with RP Prism 1.13 and above.
If the Krunch version is below 9.x.x., then copy index2.html to ‘C:\Program Files\Krunch\win-krunch' and ‘nav.min.js' is located at C:\Program Files\Krunch\win-krunch\krunch\js