Initialization Profile Best Practices
Initialization takes longer than necessary and sends more data than needed to a new location when using the default profile.
Create a custom Profile for initialization and avoid using the default All Resources/ All subsidiaries profile.
Recommendation / Guidelines:
- Send only the subsidiary data for the subsidiary that the new store installation belongs to
- Send only ACTIVE inventory
- Send only ACTIVE customers
- Do not Send un needed documents (such as adjustments or slips and vouchers from other locations or for periods in the past)
Method for Creating Your Custom Initialization Profile:
1. After you have successfully configured your V9 connection on the POA Open Prism> Administration Console>Connection Manager>Profiles
2. Choose Add+
3. Select V9 to Prism from the Type drop down
4. Next Select the subsidiary that the store belongs to in the SBS Filter box
5. Provide a name for the Profile in the Name field
6. Select the appropriate resources for the location that you are initializing under the Resources box. (For example, a new location may only need preferences, inventory, customers, and employee).
7. Where appropriate use the Advanced Filter option to limit the content of the selected resource
For more information on configuring Advanced Filters in connection manager refer to the following document on the documentation portal: