Admin Console Guide
The Prism Administration Console provides a convenient interface for changing a variety of Prism preferences and settings. To access the Admin Console, a user must be assigned to the Administrators group. (Note: This Admin Console Guide is also available in PDF: Prism 1.14.7 Admin Console Guide)
The Admin Console is divided into the following main areas:
- Installation Defaults: This area is for entering this Prism installation's designated RIL Oracle database.
- Global Preferences: Preferences that apply to all subsidiaries and stores. These include Seasons and Currency/Exchange Rate preferences.
- Node Preferences: Preferences for controlling the user interface and workflow in Prism POS. Preferences are divided into several sub areas such as Transactions, Customers, Employees, etc. See the "Preferences & Settings" section for details. Preferences are divided into Global and Node preferences.
- Customizations: Register customizations (plugins) that you have created to extend Prism's functionality.
- Connection Manager: Configure Connection Manager for communication between RIL and Prism. This will be your first task after installing Prism
In addition to the settings available on the side menu, users can edit Subsidiary, Store and Workstation information via the grid at the top of the Admin Console.
Accessing Admin Console for the first time
The first time you access the Admin Console after installing Prism, use the default sysadmin/sysadmin login credentials; your regular login credentials can't be used until after initialization. After you initialize Prism, you can configure Permissions and then log back in with your regular login name and password.