Manual Un-Installation Guide 9.20 (R2+) - Client
Cannot connect to Oracle server from the workstation, (other workstations can) following the re installation of RPRO9 client using the "Client Only" option
If un-installation of the Oracle / RPRO9 client fails to completely remove all of it's components subsequent attempts to re install the client will fail to install all components correctly. As a result the workstation cannot connect to Oracle.
Manually un install and re install the client using the procedure below.
This procedure applies to "CLIENT ONLY" installations. Instructions on manual SERVER un install are in a separate article - located here-
The following steps assume the C:\ drive as the install partition for Retail pro and that Retailpro9 is the only Oracle product in use on the workstation
1. Rename the following folders if the exist
2. Run Regedit.exe from the Windows>Start>Run dialog.
3. Make a backup of the Registry before proceeding
4. Search for the following strings in the registry and remove the keys that they return.
5. Remove the following Registry Keys
6. Run Retailpro9 setup to reinstall the client.
WARNING From Microsoft: Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows 95. Microsoft cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.