How to configure a Printer in Retail Pro Prism
How to correctly configure a printer in Retail Pro Prism
Step 1: Install and configure a printer to your computer: This allows your computer's operating system to "see" the printer. You should be able to print a test page to that printer once it is configured. Make sure tha tyou have installed the necessary drivers, and configured the basic preferences if necessary.
Step 2: Define "Printer Types" in the RP Prism Admin Console: This allows the user to group printers by purpose or location. Open the Admin Console > Hardware > Printer Types > you must have the node selection set to the store level to create or edit Printer Types > click the "+" icon to create Printer Type(s).
Step 3: Define Print Action and Print Type for inidividual document areas in the Admin Console: Open the Admin Console > Hardware > Print Preferences > Select a Print Area (e.g. POS transactions) > click on the folder icon to specify if you are configuring print settings for a POS Receipt or a Former Document. If you select "override sub-areas" you can configure for both on the same time.
- Select the Default Action in the drop down menu.
- Select the Default Printer Type in the drop-down menu. (Check "active" box)
- Select the Default Print Design in the drop-down menu.
- Select Save. (User should only have 1 printer type active in this area)
Step 4: Assign a Printer (and printer type) to a particular workstation:
- In the Admin Console, select Node Selection (the context starts out as "Corporation", but you must now select the Subsidiary, then select the Store, then select the "Edit" icon on a particular workstation:
- The "Edit Workstation" windows will now appear > Select the "Printer Types" tab on the right > Select the particular printer in the drop-down menu > Select the printer type > Select "Close":
Step 5: Perform a test: Log out of RP Prism, and then log back in. Create a new receipt and print it to ensure that the print settings are configured correctly.
For additional information, see the related document "RP Prism 1.5.0 User's Guide". See "Printing/Updating" section (page 65) for information on configuring a Printer.
Senior Technical Support Engineer
Retail Pro International