A Send Sale is a special type of sale that enables retailers to record a sale of items at one store and send the transaction to a different store that has available inventory for fulfillment. The selected Fulfillment Store will then fulfill the transaction, either by customer pick-up, or by sending the items to the customer. The selling store gets credit for the sale.
Basic Steps for Using Send Sale
- In the store records, enter the server IP address or hostname for each store that will send/receive items. For example, in a three-store chain, at Store 1, edit the Store records of Store 2 and Store 3 to include the server IP address or hostname. Repeat the process at the other stores.
- In RP Prism, create a new transaction and list the item(s). Change the Item Type to "Send Sale." Select the store to which the sale will be sent. Tender/update the transaction. The transaction is sent to the selected Fulfillment Location through a direct REST connection.
- At the Fulfillment Location, use Transaction Lookup to find the order. Use Order Details > Fulfill Order to fulfill the order The Transaction is then replicated to RIL through Day-to-Day replication. (The transaction should be replicated upstream to the POA through Prism-to-Prism Day-to-Day and then replicated to from the HQ to RIL through Prism-to-RIL Day-to-Day)
- When the transaction is replicated to RIL, a voucher will be generated for the selling store (RIL).(When the transaction is replicated to RIL, an auto verified transfer slip will be generated for selling store from fulfilling store and then a voucher will be generated for the selling store (RIL). All these documents are sent through replication.)
- Updated on-hand quantity information is automatically replicated back to RP Prism.
Step 1 - Enter Store FQDN or IP Address
When performing a Send Sale, RP Prism will use the Server Address or Hostname entered in the Store record. Only stores that have a Server Address or Hostname entered in the store record will be available for selection when doing a Send Sale." )
Step 2 - Add Send Sale Item to Transaction
- Start a new transaction. Enter a customer and list the item(s).
- Select the item in the list and touch or click the Item Type button.
- Select Send Sale. A list of other Stores in the subsidiary and their current on-hand quantity is displayed. Select the desired store and then touch or click the OK button.Touch or click the Tender Transaction button.
- Tender the transaction and then print/update. The transaction is transmitted to the Fulfillment Store. Call the Fulfillment Store to alert them to the order so the item(s) can be set aside.
Step 3 - Fulfill Transaction at Fulfillment Store
- Use Transaction Lookup to find the transaction. Note: When looking up transactions, you can set the "Transaction Type" filter to "Send Sale".
- Touch or click the Order Details button.
- Touch or click the Fulfill Send Sale button.
- Tender the transaction and update.
- Day to Day will replicate the transaction to RIL.
- Price Level when Fulfilling Send Sale
When fulfilling a Send Sale order, the price level used on the fulfillment transaction is the active price level at the Selling Store.
Notes about Fulfillment Store
The Fulfillment Store CAN reduce the item quantity (e.g. if the ordered quantity is no longer physically available)
The Fulfillment Store CANNOT:
- Add new items to the transaction
- Increase the quantity
- Return deposits for removed items
- Update a Send Sale transactions after removing all Send Sale items
Step 4 - RIL Creates Transfer to Update O/H Quantities
When the transaction is replicated to RIL, a transfer voucher will be generated for the selling store (RIL). (suggestion: When the transaction is replicated to RIL, an auto verified transfer slip will be generated for selling store from fulfilling store and then a voucher will be generated for the selling store (RIL). ) When the transfer is generated in RIL, DRS will add a comment, indicating that the document is part of a send sale: e.g. "Send sale: order 00000000000024, receipt 159".
Step 5 - Send Updated OH Qty to RP Prism
The updated (now balanced) OH Qty information is replicated back to RP Prism.
Notes about Send Sale
• Selling and Fulfillment Locations must be on different servers and a network connection must exist
• Send Sale is not yet supported in Sales-Tax Multi or VAT-Multi environments between stores with different tax areas.
• The Selling Location and Fulfillment Location must have the same set of employee records available (the same Associate(s) is listed on both the selling and fulfillment transactions.
• If the ordered quantity is no longer available at the Fulfillment Location, the Fulfillment Location should first fulfill the order. Next, perform a return and refund the money back to the customer.
• By default, the tax area for the fulfillment transaction is the tax area for the Selling Location; however, you can change it to the Fulfillment Location in Preferences & Settings > Taxes > General.
• You cannot add order items to a transaction that has send sale items.
• You cannot add send sale items to an existing transaction, only a new transaction.
• The send sale can only be created for one store.
• You cannot edit item details of send sale items after the fulfillment transaction has been updated; however, you can edit notes or associate details.
• Send sale transactions cannot be edited or fulfilled against in RIL.
• If the customer does not exist at the Fulfillment Location, the customer will be added.
Closing a Send Sale
If the customer changes his/her mind and the Fulfillment Location closes the order, then the amount is returned to the customer in the form of Store Credit.
Customer Pick Up
A customer visits Store 1 and wishes to purchase Item A. Store 1 does not have this item in stock. The item is in stock elsewhere and the customer wishes to pick it up at another location. The Associate will identify a location (Fulfillment Store) that has the item. The customer will pick the item up at the Fulfillment Store and complete the transaction. If the Fulfillment Store has less than (or none) of the quantity listed, the store will decrease the quantity on the transaction and return the deposit balance for the item(s) not fulfilled.
Ship Item to Customer
A customer visits Store 1 and wishes to purchase Item A. Store 1 does not have this item in stock. The item is in stock elsewhere and the customer wishes to have it shipped. The Associate chooses a location most that has the item and marks the item for Send Sale. The sale will be completed at the Fulfillment Store and the item will be shipped to the customer. If the full quantity listed on the transaction is not available at the fulfillment store, the store will ship the available quantity and return the deposit balance as Store Credit to the customer.
Send Sale Security Permissions
The following security permissions control employee access to the Send Sale feature.
|Send Sale - Add Item||Allows group members to add a send sale item to a transaction.|
|Send Sale - Fulfill||Allows group members to fulfill a send sale transaction.|
|Send Sale - Change Quantity||Allows group members to change an item's quantity on a send sale transaction.|
|Send Sale - Close Send Sale||Allows group members to close a send sale transaction.|
Send Sale Tax Location Preference
In Preferences & Settings > Taxes > General, you can select which store's tax area will be used when fulfilling a Send Sale transaction. By default, the Selling Location is selected. If necessary, you can change this to the Fulfillment Location.
Resending a Send Sale
If necessary, you can resend a send sale. This might be necessary if there was a problem with the Internet connection when the original transmission was sent. Use Transaction Lookup to find the send sale transaction. In the Transaction Lookup dialog, select the transaction and then touch or click the Resend button.
Canceling a Send Sale
At the fulfillment location, perform a return against the sale, and then start over, if necessary.
Item Details > Fulfillment Location
If you need to check which store was selected as the Fulfillment Location, use the Item Details button and then select the Item Details tab. The Fulfillment Location is displayed.
Send Sale Database Fields
The following database fields are in the RPS.Document table
|SS_COPY||The SS_COPY flag field will have one of the following values:
When documents are sent to V9, only documents that have the SS_COPY flag set to 0 or 2 will trigger the creation of the transfer slip and transfer voucher.
If the SS_COPY flag is set to "1", the document is just a copy and doesn't trigger the creation of the transfer slip and transfer voucher in V9.
The status of the send sale
|SS_LAST_EVENT||The date/time of the last activity against the send sale.|
|SS_LAST_ERROR||If there was an error (status <> 1) you will see the error message in the SS_LAST_ERROR column.|
|SS_FULFILLMENT||Indicates this this document fulfills a send sale order.|