For each group, you can:
- Select the employees who are group members
- Select the permissions that group members can use
The employees assigned to each group inherit the permissions assigned to the group. After you initialize Prism, go into Employee Groups and confirm that the groups defined in RIL Prism Management were copied correctly to the Prism server.
You can modify the default permissions assigned to each group as needed, Group Permissions
The permissions assigned to a group define which program areas and features that group members can use.
For most permissions, you have three choices: Allow, Override, or Deny.
- Allow: Group members have access to the program area or feature.
- Override: When group members try to access the area or feature, an override dialog is displayed, so that a user who belongs to a group that is assigned the permission can log in and complete the action.
- Deny: Group members do not have permission
When assigning permissions for a group, you can use the Allow All, Deny All and Override All buttons to quickly select or clear all permissions for an area.
Edit Group Permissions
- Select the group whose permissions you want to edit by clicking the check mark on the left column.Click the Details button. The Group Details screen is split into two panes. One pane is for editing the Group Name and Description. Another pane is for editing the Group Permissions.
- Click the Edit button.
- In the Permissions area, select the appropriate radio button for each permissions you want to Allow, Deny, or apply Override. Use the Allow All, Deny All, or Override All buttons as needed.
- When finished, save the changes.
The list of permissions is grouped by area. Each area is marked by a node that can be expanded or collapsed. To find a permission, you can scroll the list, or type all or part of the permission name in the Search field at the top of the list. When you type a permission name in the Search box, the node that contains the matching permission is expanded so you can find it more easily.
Sample Permissions List: