Subsidiary, Stores, Workstations
RP Prism uses a Subsidiary-Store-Workstation hierarchy. A subsidiary represents an individual business unit. For smaller retailers, there will only be a single subsidiary that controls all of the stores. For larger retailers, multiple subsidiaries will be required. For example, a retailer that operates in 30 countries may want to have 30 subsidiaries, one for each country in which the retailer has stores. A store represents a single inventory location.
A subsidiary represents an individual business unit. For smaller retailers, there will only be a single subsidiary that controls all stores. For larger retailers, multiple subsidiaries will be required. For example, a retailer that operates in 30 countries may want to have 30 subsidiaries, one for each country in which the retailer has stores. In contrast to a subsidiary, a store represents a single inventory location.
When initializing RP Prism, you select the subsidiaries whose data will be copied to the Prism server. Only those subsidiaries selected will be available in RP Prism.
To add/edit subsidiaries, select Local Preferences > Node Selection. A list of existing subsidiaries is displayed.
See the Subsidiary topic for more information.
Store information is copied from RIL to the Prism server during initialization. You can also add and edit Store records in Prism. To add/edit a store record, in Node Preferences > Node Selection, drill down to the desired subsidiary's list of stores. To edit a store, click the pencil icon next to the store's row in the grid. To add a new store, click the New button.
See the Stores topic for more information.
Workstations in Prism consist of the individual machines running Prism through a web browser.
In the RP Prism Admin Console, you can edit subsidiary, store and workstation records. This is necessary for things like defining document numbering sequences and entering Store IP Addresses for Send Sale.
Note: The first time you edit a Workstation, you must enter a Workstation Number before you can save the changes.
See the Workstations topic for more information.
Basic Steps for Editing Subsidiary, Store, or Workstation
- Launch the Prism Proxy and log in.
- Select the Retail Pro button in the lower-right corner and then Click the Administration Console button.
- Click Node Selection. The list of subsidiaries is displayed.
- Select a sub and then tap or click the edit button (pencil icon) for the sub or drill down to the desired store or workstation.
Cautionary Note about Editing Sub, Store and Workstation Records
- Changes made at the Subsidiary level will affect all stores that belong to the sub.
- Changes made at the Store level will affect all workstations that belong to the store.
- Changes made at the Workstation level will affect only that workstation.
Drilling Down to Stores and Workstation
To drill down to the list of stores for the subsidiary, double-click the Subsidiary in the list. A list of stores is displayed. To drill down to a workstation, click the pencil icon or double-click the store to which the workstation is assigned.
Search for a Subsidiary, Store or Workstation
Instead of drilling down, you can Click the Search button and search for a record. In the text field, start typing the name of the sub, store or workstation and a list of matching records is displayed. For example, in the example below, typing the letter "j" locates the following workstation.
Changing the displayed fields
You can change the fields that are displayed in the list of subs, stores or workstations.
- Click the "Settings" icon in the header of the store list. A list of available fields is displayed.
- Select the check box for those fields that you want displayed in the Store record.
- Click outside of the field list. The selected field(s) are added as columns to the list.